8.5″x5.5″ (half page) 1/0 (black ink front; no printing on the back) – 2 Part NCR Forms (PRICES INCLUDE PRINTING, SHIPPING, & DESIGN!)
500 – $149
1000 – $199
2500 – $299
5000 – $449
8.5″x11″ (full page) 1/0 (black ink front; no printing on the back) – 2 Part NCR Forms (PRICES INCLUDE PRINTING, SHIPPING, & DESIGN!)
500 – $199
1000 – $249
2500 – $429
5000 – $649
NCR means No Carbon Required, meaning these are multi-part form but they’re a carbonless multi-part form.
- We have black and white, we have full-color.
- You can have them numbered. You can do 2 parts or 3 parts.
How we design our NCR Forms
One of the main reasons that customers choose to go with our NCR Forms for their business is that we make forms that sell.
- We want to be able to promote anything on there that is key information that the customer needs to know like possibly a referral program or where to leave a review of their service.
- We want to be able to recommend when their next service date is.
- We want to be able to leave an estimate for our other services that they might not be ready to get done today but that they want information on for the future.
- We also want to have some terms and restrictions that basically cover us in case something goes wrong and have the customer be able to sign that copy.
- Many customers that use this will use the paper physical forms and then enter them into their CRM software or their invoicing software at the end of the day because the ease of use of using that a physical form to walk people through is just so native feeling to the interaction with the customer as you just walk them through all the different service offering, all the different options you have.
Why still use NCR Forms in the digital age?
There’s a lot of reasons why physical forms are a great thing to use even though we move closer and closer to this digital age, giving something tangible to the customer, really means a lot to them. Aside from using your multi-part forms for an invoice or an estimate.
They’re also a great way to take down information at a home show or something like that where many times you’re in a building that doesn’t have wifi, that doesn’t have any cell reception and so you don’t have access to write up an order, an estimate or even send an email.
So, allowing a customer at an event like that to fill out their information, indicate which services they’re interested in and have you be able to follow up with them is a great way and also, they’re able to take the other half of that. So, that they have that all on record as well. So, a great way to take down the customer’s info as a lead that you can follow up on later.